Apogee Appoints Global Advisory Council to Promote Human Excellence in the Performance Arts
The Apogee Foundation, a philanthropic corporation dedicated to the development of human excellence in the performance arts, has named 12 experts from eight countries to assist the Foundation in fulfilling its mission around the world.
New York, London and Tokyo, November 27, 2007 (FastPitchPress (US), PressBox (UK)) – The Apogee Foundation has marked the start of its second decade of operations by naming a blue ribbon Advisory Council of 12 specialists in the fields of regional and international relations, the arts and education, finance and fundraising, and public relations and communications.
"It is a privilege and inspiration for everyone associated with Apogee to work hand-in-hand with some of the world's most gifted professionals in fostering humanity's greatest vision of itself."
These appointments coincide with the consolidation of Apogee's position as a leading force in the performing arts worldwide. The newly appointed members of Apogee's international Advisory Council are:
- Nina Balabina: Founder and Artistic Director of Lilla Akademien, Sweden's leading music school, and Master Instructor of the Violin;
- Michael A. Fortier: Managing Director of Slavia Capital; formerly Managing Director of Salomon Brothers, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank and JP Morgan investment banks;
- Nick Halliwell: Associate with Vik Capital; formerly Investment Manager of Millhouse Capital and Head of International Media Relations for Sibneft Oil Company;
- Tommy Helsby: Chairman for Europe, the Middle East and Africa of Kroll risk consulting;
- J. Richard Klein: Business Counselor and Nonprofit Management Specialist for the Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE);
- Youri Kuznetsov: Head of the Department of Culture and Tourism for the Odessa Province of Ukraine, and Master Instructor of the Piano at the Odessa Conservatory;
- John A. Mann II: Head of Public Relations for Millhouse LLC; formerly Head of International Media Relations for Sibneft Oil Company;
- Tatyana Markova: Deputy Director of the Stolyarsky State Music School, Ukraine's leading music academy, and President of the Stolyarsky Charity Fund; author of several musicology books used in music schools throughout Ukraine and the former Soviet Union;
- Francesca Martonffy: Global Leadership Fellow for the World Economic Forum and co-author of "Helping Talent Thrive", a policy analysis produced for Apogee by Harvard's Kennedy School of Government; formerly National Program Director and Acting CFO of the World Affairs Councils of America and Chairman of Art Enables;
- Tadao Otsuki: CEO and Founder of Otsuki Consulting International; formerly Chairman and CEO of Novations Group, Director of Drake Beam Morin worldwide, and President and CEO of Pepsi-Cola Japan and the Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company;
- Ronald F. Thiemann: Bussey Professor of Theology at Harvard Divinity School, Faculty Associate at Harvard's Weatherhead Center for International Affairs, and Faculty Fellow at Harvard's Hauser Center for Nonprofit Organizations; formerly Dean of Harvard Divinity School and Acting Provost and Acting President of Haverford College;
- Yu Rongfu: International Secretary and Professor of Music at the Central Conservatory Music School, Beijing's leading music academy; formerly Director of the Central Conservatory Music School.
Further appointments of leading experts will be made on an ongoing basis to support the continued, robust expansion and enhancement of Apogee's programs around the world. For continuously updated information about the Foundation's Advisory Council, visit: http://www.apogeefoundation.org/people/advisors.php
Apogee President Kenneth Schneider said: "It is a privilege and inspiration for everyone associated with Apogee to work hand-in-hand with some of the world's most gifted professionals in fostering humanity's greatest vision of itself. On behalf of the entire Apogee family, I sincerely thank them for dedicating their exceptional skills to achieving the potential of human excellence."
About The Apogee Foundation ®
Apogee is an international philanthropic corporation dedicated to the development of human excellence through the performing arts. The Foundation's programs are designed to synergize the creative, spiritual and economic aspects of human potential, creating a triple helix of evolution that propels its beneficiaries to the apogee of human excellence on the world stage.
Kenneth Schneider, Apogee President
1001 Avenue of the Americas, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10018-5460 (USA)
+1.646.233.4350 or +1.888.APOGEE.8